Pillow fight!

I have the best job in the world, apparently!  At what other job do you get PAID to beat children with pillows?  Seriously, it was a good night.  Some of us started out with a few games of Twister...which we promptly abandoned once we heard there was a pillow fight going on upstairs.  Twenty or so kids and a couple councillors running, screaming, and beating on each other with pillows equals a lot of happy kids.  Then we "quieted" them down with GuitarHero (one of the kids bought it yesterday at the mall).  Now I have a little bit of free time.  Not much else to share...except a favourite poem of mine that I re-discovered today.




"Earth" by John Hall Wheelock

"A planet doesn't explode of itself," said drily
The Martian astronomer, gazing off into the air--
"That they were able to do it is proof that highly
Intelligent beings must have been living there."

posted under , , |

1 comments:

Karen Johnson said...

I'd love to get paid for having fun, too!

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

I was born and I will die. I eat, breath, sleep, talk, and periodically raise my voice. For a little variation I read, watch movies, and walk on the beach. I am a Christian, a Canadian, and a homeschool graduate. When it rains I stare at the windshield wipers and get mad when the wipers move a little too fast for the stream of water that is desperately trying to get away. When it's sunny I walk down to the beach and think about amnesiacs washing up on the shore. When it snows I stay inside with a book and curl up in a blanket. I like CSI Las Vegas, Criminal Minds, and Firefly. I like dark chocolate and dandelions and daisies and wild roses. And RED.

    Followers