The scary god of love

Love; it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you,
it will set you free.
-"Sigh No More" by Mumford and Sons
I do not much like being told that I must believe a thing or burn in hell for all eternity.  Why should I love a god who would do that?  When I hear it, it scares me and then I get angry.  Why must I be frightened into a certain belief?

If "god is love"...

If "Love is patient and kind.  Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.  It does not demand its own way.  It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.  It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.  Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance"...

If this is true....god does not condone the scare tactics.  How could he?  Scaring people so they think like you do is mean.  Cruel.  Love is kind....right?

posted under , , , |

0 comments:

Older Post Home

About Me

I was born and I will die. I eat, breath, sleep, talk, and periodically raise my voice. For a little variation I read, watch movies, and walk on the beach. I am a Christian, a Canadian, and a homeschool graduate. When it rains I stare at the windshield wipers and get mad when the wipers move a little too fast for the stream of water that is desperately trying to get away. When it's sunny I walk down to the beach and think about amnesiacs washing up on the shore. When it snows I stay inside with a book and curl up in a blanket. I like CSI Las Vegas, Criminal Minds, and Firefly. I like dark chocolate and dandelions and daisies and wild roses. And RED.

    Followers