Back from the dead

Wow!  I...um...it's been a while since I last wrote here!  My sister asked over a week ago if I was still blogging and suggested I take it up again.  So here I am.

So much has happened since August.  I guess a quick overview is as good a place to start as any.  

1.  I started school.  In a previous post I mentioned wanting to teach ESL and so I am pursuing that, although in a slightly different way than I anticipated.  I've decided to get a BA in English.  My school of choice is Thompson Rivers University because of their distance program that allows me to study from the comfort of my own home...very much like my education has been up until this point.  I have just finished my first English course and am studying for the final exam which is on the 14th.  In the mean time I am also studying Spanish (because I have always wanted to learn it, and because I would like to travel throughout Central and South America) and will soon find some kind of math course to fulfill the math/science requirements.

2.  Home has moved.  In February I moved back in with my parents instead of living with my grandma.  It was time for a change of scenery.  I really like my new community, although we are planning to move yet AGAIN to another one due to my dad's job.  While I think I may miss it here, I always enjoy getting to know new places, so I think I'll like this next move.

3.  I HAVE TWO NEW BROTHERS!!!  I think I like this change the best.  Until November or December of last year, I was the oldest in my family and had always wished for an older brother.  My parents provided MANY brothers and sisters for me....but they were always younger.  Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.  So I adopted one...and a few days later was adopted by another.  They're the best, and now I can't imagine life without Nicky and David.  =)  

I guess that's a good summary of the last 8 months...at least, as far as the big events go.  I'll try and be back soon and post more frequently.

Until later.

posted under , , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

I was born and I will die. I eat, breath, sleep, talk, and periodically raise my voice. For a little variation I read, watch movies, and walk on the beach. I am a Christian, a Canadian, and a homeschool graduate. When it rains I stare at the windshield wipers and get mad when the wipers move a little too fast for the stream of water that is desperately trying to get away. When it's sunny I walk down to the beach and think about amnesiacs washing up on the shore. When it snows I stay inside with a book and curl up in a blanket. I like CSI Las Vegas, Criminal Minds, and Firefly. I like dark chocolate and dandelions and daisies and wild roses. And RED.

    Followers