I am righteous and holy!

A year and a half ago I wrote decrees from Patricia King's "Decree" book into the back of my journal, and I used to read them aloud every day.  Basically they are just a collection of verses in the Bible that declare who I am in Christ and what He has promised me as His child.  I haven't read them for a while, and I think maybe that's one of the reasons why I have reverted back to not liking myself.  Because, honestly, I don't like myself and can't see why anyone would.

I need to start to speak life into myself again.  Things like "The Lord loves me with an everlasting love and has promised to give me a future and a hope (Jeremiah 31:3)" and "I am a new creation in Christ; old things have passed away and all things have become new (2 Corinthians 5:17)."  When I read through all these different decrees, I find that they come directly against all the negative things I have begun to believe about myself again.  I do not like who I have become...but if I begin to speak God's truth into my life again, He will work things out on the inside.  His word is powerful.

posted under |

2 comments:

Karen Johnson said...

You are created in His likeness. How incredible is that?!!!!!

Amanda Quiring said...

Amen, sister! Preach the truth to yourself! :-) I'm going to bookmark this blog... keep writing!

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

I was born and I will die. I eat, breath, sleep, talk, and periodically raise my voice. For a little variation I read, watch movies, and walk on the beach. I am a Christian, a Canadian, and a homeschool graduate. When it rains I stare at the windshield wipers and get mad when the wipers move a little too fast for the stream of water that is desperately trying to get away. When it's sunny I walk down to the beach and think about amnesiacs washing up on the shore. When it snows I stay inside with a book and curl up in a blanket. I like CSI Las Vegas, Criminal Minds, and Firefly. I like dark chocolate and dandelions and daisies and wild roses. And RED.

    Followers