What do you want in life?

I was gonna write about something totally different, but had to look it up in a notebook I keep in my purse first...and got sidetracked reading some of the other stuff I wrote in there.  So instead of my original idea, I'm going to share something I wrote during one of my lunch breaks at work back in January 2007.  My desire is the same as back then, but unfortunately I don't think I've made much progress towards it.  Anyway, here it is:

"What do you want in life?"  I want the world to be my home.  I want to know different countries, live in them, have friends with different cultural backgrounds, and not limit my residence to Canada.  I want to spend my life learning about life, people...developing friendships.

I want to learn how to wisely invest my money...to be free of financial worry...what the heck!  I just want to be free of worry!  To be able to take my life one day at a time and enjoy it and fully experience it.  I want a life of intensity: joy, happiness, pain, sorrow, anger, forgiveness.  But I want to be able to control them because it's not good to be run by your emotions.

I want to share this journey with someone.  I want to get married and share his journey.  I want to have kids and show them the world.

I want to be sensitive to God's leading.  Sensitive to the spiritual realm.  I want to understand what's going on around me.

I want to have time--to relax, think, listen to people, watch the world...

I want to write about life.  People.  Ideas.  Beliefs.  Food.  Travel.  Lessons.

I want to major in life.  Learn to observe.  Take time for little things like flowers opening.

I want to take risks, have adventures, and live dangerously though not stupidly.

I want a nice villa in Spain!

posted under , , , , |

1 comments:

Karen Johnson said...

The Villa still sounds great. We'll come visit. You can visit us in Ecuador, or wherever we end up.

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

I was born and I will die. I eat, breath, sleep, talk, and periodically raise my voice. For a little variation I read, watch movies, and walk on the beach. I am a Christian, a Canadian, and a homeschool graduate. When it rains I stare at the windshield wipers and get mad when the wipers move a little too fast for the stream of water that is desperately trying to get away. When it's sunny I walk down to the beach and think about amnesiacs washing up on the shore. When it snows I stay inside with a book and curl up in a blanket. I like CSI Las Vegas, Criminal Minds, and Firefly. I like dark chocolate and dandelions and daisies and wild roses. And RED.

    Followers