Three

If I could change 3 things about my life right now, they would be...

  1. I would be an ESL teacher and would be making a decent living from that.  Let's hope this one will actually happen even though I don't have a university degree.  There must be some ways of doing this WITHOUT the degree.  After all, a degree doesn't say I can teach English.  It says I spent years of my life with my nose in a book, writing tests and papers, and racking up a huge debt that will take me years to pay off
  2. I would be traveling...maybe even teaching ESL while I did it.  I want to see new countries, experience different cultures, and get to know the people in their natural environment.
  3. I would write more...which I guess is where this blog comes in.  It's hopefully a reason to start writing again...because, well, I just miss it.  I've recently become very bad at expressing myself clearly.
This short list was rather hard to come up with!  Everything I could think of seemed to be things I would change about MYSELF, not my life...I guess because who or what I am affects what happens in my life.

posted under , , , , , |

1 comments:

Karen Johnson said...

I always enjoy your writing. Glad you are back at it.
I also hope you do some traveling, and maybe we can meet up in some exotic, off-the-beaten path sometime soon. And I'm sure you'd be a great ESL teacher, and think its idiotic that one might be considered a better ESL teacher just because they had a degree in something like marine biology or PE. Maybe somebody with the degree actually doesn't know what they would be best suited for, and so they get the education trying to figure out what it is they want to do with their life, versus the person who has figured it out and went directly into TESL and has a natural flare & talent for it.

I know you can find a way to live out your hearts desires. Go after your dream and make it happen. Don't listen to the nay-sayers. Just Do It!!

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

I was born and I will die. I eat, breath, sleep, talk, and periodically raise my voice. For a little variation I read, watch movies, and walk on the beach. I am a Christian, a Canadian, and a homeschool graduate. When it rains I stare at the windshield wipers and get mad when the wipers move a little too fast for the stream of water that is desperately trying to get away. When it's sunny I walk down to the beach and think about amnesiacs washing up on the shore. When it snows I stay inside with a book and curl up in a blanket. I like CSI Las Vegas, Criminal Minds, and Firefly. I like dark chocolate and dandelions and daisies and wild roses. And RED.

    Followers